Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What it means to give your anything: Part 1

A family friend I know has a rich relative. His heart and soul belong to Christ, and he uses his money for that cause. I remember becoming incredibly jealous when I saw how he used the money to buy a huge mansion that he uses just for the community, specifically as a place for outreach to orphaned children.

More recently, I traveled to a third world country for a school project. While there, I held to my typical shy self (something I wish I could redo), but I also witnessed amazing people doing amazing things and a nation with joy in its heart despite its troubles. And I thought to myself, if only I were good with languages. Then I'd learn Spanish and return to this country as a volunteer at one of these great Christian centers.

At this point in my life, I don't have the resources or talents for these things. It hurts me deeply because I so badly want to become a part of something - I want to have the resources and talents so that I can volunteer for a month in a third world country or so that I can build a place for orphans to find love. But as much as God uses the witnessing of these things in my life, God doesn't seem to be calling to them. I'm at a loss for what God wants from me. I only know that, as I said in my introductory post for this blog, I am willing to give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment